Join one of the largest job sectors on the planet
The hospitality industry is a worldwide employment sector that is expected to rebound rapidly as countries begin to open up post Covid-19. Get the skills now and be ready for the boom.
Employment in the hospitality industry is expected to increase significantly with more than 90,000 additional jobs created in the sector by 2023.
Expand your job opportunities with a diverse new set of skills
Certificate III in Hospitality expands on the basics taught in Certificate II and opens up opportunities to specialise in different hospitality sectors.
A formal qualification in Hospitality will help separate your resume from the thousands of other entry level applications and increase your opportunities for employment in the industry.
What you’ll learn
The SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality provides a pathway to work in organisations such as restaurants, hotels, motels, clubs, pubs, cafés, and coffee shops. This qualification allows for multi skilling and for specialisation in accommodation services, food and beverage and gaming.
- SITXCCS006 – Provide service to customers
- BSBWOR203 – Work effectively with others
- SITXWHS001 – Participate in safe work practices
- SITXCOM002 – Show social and cultural sensitivity
- SITHIND004 – Work effectively in hospitality service
- SITXHRM001 – Coach others in job skills
- SITHIND002 – Source and use information on the hospitality industry
- SITXFSA001 Use hygienic practices for food safety
- SITHACS003 Prepare rooms for guests
- CPPCLO2019A Sort and remove waste and recyclable materials
- CPPCLO2035A Maintain cleaning storage areas
- CPPCLO2017A Clean wet areas
- CPPCLO2004A Maintain carpeted floors
- CPPCLO3043 Clean using microfibre and chemical-free techniques
- CPPCLO3018 Clean and maintain furniture and fittings
Electives selected are from the Accommodation Services – Front Office, Housekeeping and Porting Group.
Electives are subject to change based on student cohort.
- Bar Attendant
- Cafe Attendant
- Espresso Coffee Machine Operator (Barista)
- Head Waiter
- Waiter (Hotel/Fine Dining)
- Wine Waiter (Sommelier)
- Housekeeping Assistant
- Housekeeping Attendant
- Junior Handyperson
- Front Desk Receptionist
- Housekeeper (Resort)
- Gaming Attendant
- Kitchen Hand
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
SIT30616 Certificate III in Hospitality
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Funded via Smart and Skilled:
1st qual: $1450
not 1st qual: $1750
traineeship or fee exemption: $0