Advance your career in building and construction sector
A Diploma in Building and Construction gives existing tradespeople the opportunity to advance their career and apply for their own Building Licence or take on management roles within the construction industry.
This industry recognized qualification is the foundation of the building sector and there is a strong demand for qualified professionals throughout the country.
Open up career opportunities in the commercial and residential building sectors.
Learn the essential skills for both the technical and business side of the industry including managing complex building projects in the residential and commercial building sectors.
A Diploma in Building and Construction is considered the minimum mandatory qualification for most management roles in the sector.
What you’ll learn
The CPC50210 Diploma of Building and Construction (Building), will give you the opportunity to develop the skills to manage a wide range of building projects. You will learn the principles, regulations and techniques of the building industry for low-medium rise buildings and projects.
This qualification has been superseded and is currently in transition to a new qualification. In line with our registering body requirements the existing qualification is still able to be enrolled in, completed and have qualifications issued. We will be offering the new qualification within the next 6 months.
- BSBOHS504 – Apply principles of OHS risk management
- BSBPMG505A – Manage project quality
- BSBPMG508A – Manage project risk
- CPCCBC4001A – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for low rise buildings
- CPCCBC4003A – Select and prepare a construction contract
- CPCCBC4004A – Identify and produce estimated costs for building and construction projects
- CPCCBC4010B – Apply structural principles to residential low rise constructions
- CPCCBC4013A – Prepare and evaluate tender documentation
- CPCCBC5001B – Apply building codes and standards to the construction process for medium rise buildings
- CPCCBC5002A – Monitor costing systems on medium rise building and construction projects
- CPCCBC5003A – Supervise the planning of on-site medium rise building or construction work
- CPCCBC5010B – Manage construction work
- CPCCBC5018A – Apply structural principles to the construction of medium rise buildings
- CPCCBC4012B – Read and interpret plans and specifications
- CPCCBC5004A – Supervise and apply quality standards to the selection of building and construction materials
- CPCCBC5005A – Select and manage building and construction contractors
- CPCCBC5006B – Apply site surveys and set-out procedures to medium rise building projects
- CPCCBC5009A – Identify services layout and connection methods to medium rise construction projects
Elective units are subject to change.
- Builder/Construction Manager
- Building Estimator/Scheduler
- Building Site Manager/Advisor
- Contract Administrator
- Construction Project Manager (Technologist)
- Fire Systems Designer
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
CPC50210 Diploma of Building & Construction (Building)
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Fee for Service: $6800
Funded: $500 (Subsidised through Construction Skills Queensland)
This program is funded through a Construction Skills Queensland (CSQ) initiative. CSQ is an independent industry funded body supporting employers, workers, apprentices and career seekers in the building and construction industry.
Course Duration: Approximately 12 – 18 months
Course duration reduces if you are eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning or Credit Transfer for units previously studied.