Become an Associate with the Career Industry Council
A Certificate IV Career Development will help you to provide quality career development guidance and contribute to maintaining a secure job environment for all Australians.
Graduates of this qualification can register as an Associate with the Career Industry Council of Australia to undertake continuing professional development in this sector.
Opportunities abound in both Govt. and private sectors
Qualified Careers Consultants are required across a wide range of industries and specialist service providers for Government and private sector roles.
Graduates in this course have one of the highest satisfaction ratings of any certificate level training course with more than 90% of students satisfied with the training outcomes.
What you’ll learn
The CHC41215 Certificate IV in Career Development will provide you with the skills and knowledge required to provide programs and services to individuals and groups of clients and employers to support people in planning their career and/or locating, securing and maintaining suitable employment.
- CHCDIV001 – Work with diverse people
- CHCECD009 – Conduct career guidance interviews
- CHCECD008 – Deliver services consistent with a career development framework
- CHCECD001 – Analyse and apply information that supports employment and career development
- CHCCOM002 – Use communication to build relationships
- CHCLEG001 – Work legally and ethically
- CHCECD010 – Provide support to people in career transition
- CHCPRP001 – Develop and maintain networks and collaborative partnerships
- CHCCCS014 – Provide brief interventions
- CHCCCS020 – Respond effectively to behaviours of concern
- CHCCSL007 – Support counselling clients in decision-making processes
- CHCDIV002 – Promote Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander cultural safety
- CHCPRP003 – Reflect on and improve own professional practice
Elective units are subject to change.
- Apprenticeship Consultant
- Career Adviser
- Employment Consultant (Disability Services)
- Employment Consultant (Jobactive)
- Career Coach
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
CHC41215 Certificate IV in Career Development
Fee for Service: $2,995
Skills Assure: Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
Funded non-concession: $100
Funded concession: concession: $50
Per Unit Cost
$7.69 per unit non concession
$3.84 per unit concession