The ideal entry point for those with a basic knowledge of horticulture and a love of open spaces.
The majority of students who complete this course are employed or go on to attain higher qualifications in this sector.
A Certificate III in Parks and Gardens provides direct entry to a Certificate IV in Parks and Gardens and a Diploma of Parks and Gardens Management with RPL credits available in both courses.
There are no formal entry requirements for this qualification.
The most important ingredient for success in this sector is a passion for creating and maintaining beautiful environments and public spaces and working amongst nature.
More than 75% of graduates are rewarded with improvements in their work status including new job opportunities and higher levels of remuneration.
What you’ll learn
The AHC31016 Certificate III in Parks and Gardens will provide participants with the skills and knowledge relating to the parks and gardens industry. Topics include; infrastructure installation, maintenance or renovation of a public space, landscape maintenance, green space establishment and recreational developments for public or private gardens.
- AHCWHS301 – Contribute to work health & safety processes
- AHCPCM301 – Implement a plant nutrition program
- AHCPMG301 – Control weeds
- AHCPMG302 – Control plants, pests, diseases & disorders
- AHCPCM302 – Provide information on plants & their culture
- AHCMOM304 – Operate machinery & equipment
- AHCWRK309 – Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
- AHCSOL304 – Implement soil improvements for garden & turf areas
- AHCIRG338 – Troubleshoot irrigation systems
- AHCPGD301 – Implement a plant establishment program
- AHCSOL305 – Prepare growing media
- AHCNSY203 – Undertake propagation activities
- AHCPMG301 – Perform specialist amenity pruning
- AHCWRK302 – Monitor weather conditions
- AHCCHM307 – Prepare & apply chemicals to control pests, weeds & diseases
- AHCCHM304 – Transport & store chemicals
Elective units are subject to change.
- Landscaping Assistant
- Parks & Gardens Assistant
- Landscape Gardener
- Parks & Gardens Tradesperson
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
AHC31016 Certificate III in Parks & Garden
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Fee for Service $3500
Skills Assure: Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
Funded Non-Concession $50
Funded Concession $20
Eligibility criteria apply
$3.12 per unit non concession
$1.25 per unit concession
Funded apprenticeships available