A Certificate III in Production Horticulture opens doors to a range of career pathways.
The Australian Government has identified a skills shortage in Production Horticulture and is investing millions of dollars to subsidise training in this sector.
There are multiple career pathways available across a variety of industries and opportunities to go on to further study and specialisations.
Turn your love of nature into a successful career
A Certificate III in Production Horticulture is the ideal starting point for those looking to start a career in this sector.
Qualified graduates are highly sought after by nurseries, farms and soil management services.
What you’ll learn
AHC30616 Certificate III in Production Horticulture is a nationally recognised qualification covering the skills and knowledge relating to the horticulture industry such as maintaining plants, treating pests and diseases, landscaping and drainage systems.
This qualification has been superseded and is currently in transition to a new qualification. In line with our registering body requirements the existing qualification is still able to be enrolled in, completed and have qualifications issued. We will be offering the new qualification within the next 6 months.
- AHCWHS301 – Contribute to work health & safety processes
- AHCMOM304 – Operate machinery & equipment
- AHCPMG302 – Control plants, pests, diseases & disorders
- AHCPMG301 – Control weeds
- AHCWRK309 – Apply environmentally sustainable work practices
- AHCIRG338 – Troubleshoot irrigation system
- AHCSOL305 – Prepare growing media
- AHCWRK302 – Monitor weather conditions
- AHCCHM307 – Prepare and apply chemicals to control pests, weeds and diseases
- AHCCHM304 – Transport and store chemicals
- AHCNSY203 – Undertake propagation activities
- AHCBIO302 – Identify and report unusual disease or plant pest signs
- AHCBIO305 – Apply biosecurity measures
- AHCWRK303 – Respond to emergencies
- AHCNSY201 – Pot up plants
Elective units are subject to change.
- Assistant Grain Farmhand
- Assistant Horticultural Crop Farmhand
- Farm Hand (Production Horticulture/Viticulture)
- Orchard Hand
- Production Nursery Assistant
- Orchard Farm Hand Grower
- Production Nursery Tradesperson
- Vegetable Grower
- Carbon Farming
- Soil Health Management & Regeneration
- Starting your own farming enterprise
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
AHC30616 Certificate III in Production Horticulture
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Fee for Service $3500
Skills Assure: Certificate 3 Guarantee Program
Funded: $50 non concession
Funded: $20 concession
$3.33 per unit non concession
$1.33 per unit concession
Funded traineeship available
*Eligibility criteria apply.