Get the practical skills and knowledge to turn your seed of an idea into a career
A Certificate II in Horticulture is where careers in horticulture are first germinated. Learn about the latest environmental practices and principles and gain an understanding of the main plant types and how to maintain optimum soil health.
A Certificate II opens doors to a range of career pathways in the Horticulture industry.
A Cert II is the entry point qualification for Horticulture and Gardening Assistants as well as Nursery Hands and Community Landscape officers opening up career opportunities in the government and private sectors.
What you’ll learn
Certificate II in Horticulture will assist you with developing the skills to maintain parks and gardens
- AHCPCM201 – Recognise plants
- AHCPMG202 – Treat plant pests, diseases and disorders
- AHCPMG201 – Treat weeds
- AHCSOL202 – Assist with soil or growing media sampling and testing
- AHCWHS201 – Participate in work health and safety processes
- AHCCHM201 Apply chemicals under supervision
- AHCMOM203 Operate basic machinery and equipment
- AHCMOM204 Undertake operational maintenance of machinery
- AHCPGD201 Plant trees and shrubs
- AHCWRK204 Work effectively in the industry
- AHCWRK205 Participate in workplace communications
- AHCWRK209 Participate in environmentally sustainable work practices
- MEM18001C Use hand tools
- TLID1001 Shift materials safely using manual handling methods
- CPPCLO2036 Maintain external surfaces
Elective units are subject to change.
- Horticulture Assistant
- Assistant Gardener
- General Garden Maintenance
- Assistant Groundsperson
- Community Landscape Officer
- Nursery Hand
Graduates of this course achieve excellent career outcomes.
* Information provided by myskills.gov.au
AHC20416 Certificate II in Horticulture
Study with one of Australia’s most successful RTO’s.
Funded Traineeship: N/A